Keep up to date with all your Apple News.
Here at iMendMacs we like to be a real alternative to Apple in every way, either by selling premium refurbished products without the premium price, repairing your Apple devices at a fraction of the cost of the Genius Bar, recovering your precious data that Apple chose not to do all wrapped up with nationwide service & 5 star service.
That Alternative also stretches to our Social media platforms & news articles where we try to give you the news & information that all Apple users need to know.
We know that life moves fast & technology doesn’t hold back so we will try to keep you all up to date with a Monthly article about everything New in the world of Apple.
Pro iPhones & iPads need Pro Headphones.
So Apple decided to continue to utilise the word Pro in its new high-end products with two new audio products being released during October.
Both had a very small fanfare, no keynote, no preview, just a lot of leaks before the products appeared on their relative Stores.
Apple has announced a major upgrade to the AirPods, only seven months after the last one
These are much more than the slight tweak of the AirPod2 release, We now have a revamped design, ANC (Active Noise Cancelation), EarBud attachments (with 3 sizes of tips), IP4X Water Resistance, transparency mode & a new price point.
So the design is more rounded & with additional grills which allow Air to pass through, so you don’t feel like you’re underwater.
They now come with EarBuds so should allow them to fit in those peoples ears who they didn’t stay in before with 3 sizes of tips to help make a nice tight seal so they don’t fall out whilst running.
Whilst we are running, you will be glad to know that they are now iP4X Water-resistant, which means sweat proof & rainproof.
The case has been redesigned, it is like the old one but flipped on its side to allow the chunkier shorter buds fit in nicely, you can still wirelessly charge it like the 2 or use a lightning cable.
The Active Noise Cancelation finally brings Apple’s stock earbuds up to date with what most £200+ headphones have had for a few years, & early reviews suggest it gives a fair amount of cancellation from the outside world, utilising the Microphones to block the outside noises & allow you to focus on your music. However, if you wish to have the best of both worlds Apple has a Transparency Mode, which allows you to get the Microphones to help you hear what is nearby & your music so you don’t miss your train stop or are aware of traffic nearby.
AirPods Pro are available now for £249.
Beats Solo Pro
Much like the Earbuds, these headphones are long overdue.
The Beats Solo range is Beats most popular headphones to date shipping over 30 Million of the Solo 3’s. These are the ones that you see on the train, on the bus & walking down the high street.
But they too were missing the industry standard feature of ANC.
So what’s new. An improved sound, a better quality of materials, only come in Matte colours, ANC & Transparency mode & Fast charging.
So the ANC is slightly better with these headphones over the AirPods & that’s down to the seal the cup makes around your ears, some early reviewers have reported that the headphones clamp down on your head to ensure the best seal possible, but that may just be individual heads.
They also come with Transparency mode to allow you to hear the outside world with pass-through of conversations, this can be switched on by the little button on the side.
They are always on when unfolded & always off when folded. Which will help with the people who accidentally forget to turn them off after use, but what about those who have headphones over neck before use. Well, Apple/Beats have made it so the headphones go into a lower power mode when they are not playing music.
Talking of battery life. 22 Hours of ANC & Transparency mode & 40 Hours if you switch those features off. So if you have an hour commute every day, these will last you a good month with these ANC off & if you run out of battery you can plug them into any lightning cable & 10 minutes of charging gives you 3 hours of playtime.
The sound quality on Beats improved dramatically with the PowerBeats 3 Pro & these come with a very similar soundstage & acoustics, gone are the days of Beats headphones being very base heavy.
Beats Solo Pro are available for £249 in a variety of Matte Colours.
Apple News + Newsstand = Apple News +
Back in the days of the iPhone 4, Apple rolled out an app called NewsStand a way to read magazine & newspaper subscriptions on your iPhone / iPad / Mac & it worked so for a short period when that was how people were utilising their information intake.
It was switched within the News app around 2015 when iOS 9 introduced that & a lot of the functionality was switched off.
Well, now Apple has launched an all “New” service called Apple News +.
Which is a subscription-based service which allows you to read up to 150 titles on your iPhone \ iPad \ Mac.
It does work slightly differently, previously in Newsstand, you paid a subscription to the magazines or newspapers you wished to read individually.
Now you pay £9.99 a month & get to read everything, including past editions of such copies as The Times and The Sunday Times, Cosmopolitan UK, Elle UK, Esquire UK, FourFourTwo, Empire, Hello!, Cyclist, Grazia, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Businessweek, National Geographic, Rolling Stone, Vox, EVO, Heat, House Beautiful, Men’s Health UK, Women’s Health UK, MoneyWeek, Q, Bloomberg Businessweek, Harper’s Bazaar, National Geographic, New York Magazine, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, Saveur, The Atlantic, The Cut and Vox.
Apple News+ is available today in the UK for £9.99 a month. Customers can sign up for a free one-month trial, and the plan automatically renews after the trial ends.
AppleTV + & Chill
So you might have heard of something called Spotify, Apple didn’t want to miss out, so made Apple Music.
Equally, you might have used or heard of an Amazon Echo, so Apple made the HomePod.
When Netflix took over the way we watch TV & Movies Apple decided to set up Apple TV +
It is available on all your Apple portable devices, not just your Apple TV, via your Apple TV app. which comes pre-installed on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and iPod touch and will soon be on Mac with macOS Catalina. The Apple TV app is also available on select Samsung smart TVs, and will come to Amazon Fire TV, LG, Roku, Sony and VIZIO platforms in the future. Customers can also sign up and watch Apple TV+ originals on the web at tv.apple.com.
Much like Netflix & Amazon Prime video, they will have exclusives & Apple TV only series with more added each month.
Actors of note involved in some of the initial launch package are Jason Momoa, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carell, Oprah Winfrey, M. Night Shyamalan, Samuel L. Jackson, Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the Peanuts.
Apple TV+ will be available on the Apple TV app for £4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial starting November 1 on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Apple TV (3rd generation), iPod touch and Mac. To subscribe to Apple TV+, customers must update to iOS 12.3 or later, tvOS 12.3 or later and macOS Catalina. The subscription will automatically renew at £4.99 per month at the end of the seven-day free trial.
MacPro coming soon?
Sidecar Support with Catalina
Unprecedented Power with Mac Pro
Dynamic Range to the Extreme with Pro Display XDR
Additional New Features in Final Cut Pro 10.4.7
- Grade high dynamic range video with enhanced colour mask and range isolation tools.
- View high dynamic range video tone-mapped to compatible standard dynamic range displays when using Final Cut Pro, Motion or Compressor on macOS Catalina.
- Select which internal or external GPU is used to accelerate graphics processing.
A New Mountain to Master
Apple released a new version of macOS, Catalina, at the beginning of October & it features Apple Arcade on Mac, All-New Entertainment Apps and Sidecar, which Expands Mac Workspace with iPad.
If you want to play the Apple Arcade game that drained your iPhone battery for a bit longer whilst you charge it back up. Well power your MacBook on & carry on exactly where you left off.
With a subscription to Apple Arcade for £4.99 per month, users get unlimited access to an unprecedented catalogue of games on Mac, all of which can also be played on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV. On Mac, games can be played with keyboard and trackpad or mouse, and many games support controllers as well, including Xbox Wireless Controllers with Bluetooth and PlayStation DualShock 4.
Apple Arcade subscribers get the full version of every game including all updates and expansions, without any ads or additional in-game purchases. Instead of paying upfront for each game, subscribers can download any Apple Arcade game right from the Mac App Store’s brand-new Arcade tab. From action and adventure games to party and puzzle games, Apple Arcade features games for players of all ages, so everyone can find something they’ll love. The service is launching with a 30-day free trial and a single subscription includes access for up to six family members with Family Sharing. The full catalogue of 100 games will be available in the weeks ahead, with more games to come every month, including exciting new action, adventure, RPG, racing and strategy games.
iTunes is Dead, long live the 3 apps that replace it
Much Much More
- macOS Catalina brings Screen Time to Mac for the first time, providing insight into how users are spending time with apps and websites.
- Mac Catalyst, a new technology that lets app developers easily build Mac versions of their shipping iPad apps.
- Sidecar feature extends a user’s Mac workspace by using iPad as a second display, allowing them to spread out their work.
- The new Find My app combines Find My iPhone and Find My Friends into a single, easy-to-use app on Mac, iPad and iPhone. Find My can help users locate a missing Mac even if it’s offline and sleeping by sending out Bluetooth signals that can be detected by Apple devices in use nearby, and then relaying the detected location of the Mac to iCloud so a user can locate it in the Find My app.
- Photos feature a beautiful new browsing experience that intelligently showcases the user’s best pictures.
- Safari has an updated start page that uses Siri Suggestions to elevate frequently visited sites, bookmarks, iCloud tabs, Reading List selections and links sent in Messages.
- Mail-in macOS Catalina adds the ability to block email from a specified sender, mute an overly active thread and unsubscribe from commercial mailing lists.
- Notes now has a brand new Gallery View, more powerful search tools and additional collaboration options.
- Reminders has been redesigned with an all-new user interface that makes it easier to create, organize and track reminders.
macOS Catalina is available today as a free software update for Macs introduced mid-2012 or later.
September the 19th was less than 50 days ago. but in those 42 days, we’ve already had 5 revisions to the initial iOS13 software. Including 3 within 6 days.
So what’s new in iOS13.2
Well obviously it will help utilise all the above new products & features that Apple will only utilise the latest software with, so if your buying AirPodPros make sure you update.
So we have Deep Fusion, Video Settings, Emojis & lots of new security & privacy features…
iOS 13.2 introduces Deep Fusion, an advanced image processing system that uses the A13 Bionic Neural Engine to capture images with dramatically better texture, detail, and reduced noise in lower light, on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Additional features include updated and additional emoji, Announce Messages for AirPods, support for AirPods Pro, HomeKit Secure Video, HomeKit enabled routers, and new Siri privacy settings. This update also contains bug fixes and improvements.
- Deep Fusion for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max uses the A13 Bionic Neural Engine to capture multiple images at various exposures, run a pixel-by-pixel analysis, and fuse the highest quality parts of the images together resulting in photos with dramatically better texture, details, and reduced noise, especially for mid to low light scenes
- Ability to change the video resolution directly from the Camera app for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Over 70 new or updated emoji, including animals, food, activities, new accessibility emoji, gender-neutral emoji, and skin tones selection for couple emoji
- Announce Messages with Siri to read your incoming messages aloud to your AirPods
- AirPods Pro support
- HomeKit Secure Video enables you to privately capture, store, and view encrypted video from your security cameras and features people, animal, and vehicle detection
- HomeKit enabled routers put you in control of what your HomeKit accessories communicate with over the internet or in your home
- Privacy settings to control whether or not to help improve Siri and Dictation by allowing Apple to store the audio of your Siri and Dictation interactions
- Option to delete your Siri and Dictation history from Siri Settings
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
- Fixes an issue that may prevent passwords from auto-filling in 3rd party apps
- Resolves an issue that may prevent the keyboard from appearing when using Search
- Addresses an issue where swipe to go home might not work on iPhone X and later
- Fixes an issue where Messages would only send a single notification when the option to repeat alerts was enabled
- Addresses an issue where Messages may display a phone number instead of a contact name
- Resolves an issue that caused Contacts to launch to the previously opened contact instead of the contact list
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Markup annotations from being saved
- Resolves an issue where saved notes could temporarily disappear
- Fixes an issue where iCloud Backup might not complete after tapping Backup Now in Settings
- Improves performance when using AssistiveTouch to activate App Switcher
Make sure you update via OTA on your device or via Music/iTunes on your computer.
Rumour Has It
So let’s finish the news with the Rumour mill.
The ones that are listed below are more substantial & have been reported by several trusted sources. It doesn’t mean they are going to happen, but have a greater possibility.
MacPro due VERY Soon
So this isn’t a rumour, Apple is releasing a beast of a MacPro & it is going to cost a lot of money, however people are itching for this machine to be released.
So hearing that the machine has received FCC approval, which is a necessary step for a company to launch a new consumer product.
Will it release before Christmas?
MacBook Keyboard replacing
So Apple thought the new keyboard on the 2015 / 2016 Macbook would change the world, it got stuck, unfortunately.
So According to renowned Apple reliable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple is working on a New Scissor Switch keyboard ready for new MacBooks coming in 2020.
Will that keyboard be on the 16″ MacBook?
So ever since the infamous 2011 17″ MacBook was plagued with GPU issues which despite other repairers offering “Permanent fixes” can only be rectified by Software alone for a relatively short-sighted solution, people have yearned for a larger MacBook Pro. Apparently, 15″ isn’t big enough.
So the rumours have swirled around for a few years but the best way to know if Apple is up to something is to search code within their new software.
Low & behold in macOS Catalina Beta an image/icon depicting the new 16″ MBP was found.
Rumours stated it would be here before the end of October, however so we keep waiting.
So the iPhone 11, Pro & Max have only just been released but rumours are already rife about next years phone.
Apple usually follows a Tick Tock approach to design, the Tick usually being a large update such as the iPhone X the tock a much more subtle update such as the S line of products. However, they’ve fallen off this since the X & have essentially had the same design as the X with very small iterations since.
So what do the rumours for next years say, well possibly the following?
No More Notch, a Full OLED Screen with 120hz refresh rate, with all that beautiful sensor gubbins squeezed up above, an under the screen fingerprint scanner bringing back TouchID, 5G functionality for a network that isn’t really fit for purpose yet & possibly the ditching of a lightning cable in turn of USB C.
All we know is we already want it…